nano-devel

Re: [RFC] Use right top corner to display nano state

From: Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita
Subject: Re: [RFC] Use right top corner to display nano state
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 14:01:03 -0300

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 5:39 AM Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:

> Op 20-04-2020 om 17:24 schreef Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita:
> > Attached path implements what is asked for in
> > https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?57953 .
>
> You don't describe what you are actually proposing, nor why, but
> nevertheless you expect people to comment on it?

The attached patch optionally displays some chars on the top-right
corner of the screen. The chars are "* M I S H" and each one
correspond the a flag:
  * is displayed when the current buffer is modified,
  M is displayed when a macro is being recorded,
  I is displayed when auto-indent is enabled,
  S is displayed when there is a part of the current buffer that is
selected/marked,
  H is displayed when hardwraping is enabled.

In the case that a char is not displayed, a space takes its place
instead. This easily displays nano state information on a part of the
screen that is mostly wasted.

Please comment it.