nano-devel

Re: a scroll bar on the right that shows position and portion

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: a scroll bar on the right that shows position and portion
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 11:39:07 +0200

Op 25-04-2020 om 13:39 schreef Brand Huntsman:
> I applied all of Benno's suggestions to your patch and attached it. The
> second patch fixes the scrollbar for short buffers and also when
> scrolled beyond the end of a buffer. It hides the knob when entire
> buffer is visible and reserves the space on either end of scrollbar for
> a '+' when lines above or below the edit window aren't visible.

I don't like the plusses: they take away the simplicity (the scrollbar
is meant as a rough indication of where you are in the buffer, not as a
precise instrument), and they eat up two rows of the bar itself.

Also, the knob stays too big when all lines but one are scrolled off
the top of the screen.

Benno