nano-devel

Re: Fw: nano key bindings

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: Fw: nano key bindings
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 20:06:20 +0000

Hmm, I had forgotten about the new formatter function.

It sounds like we have to reassign something in order to serve as many users as
possible in the modern era of 'nano-in-browser'. The logical candidates to me
seem to be:

- ^F (move forward one space) - but we may have some users who don't have arrow
keys
- ^/ (goto line number) - we already have ^_ and M-G for this, but some may be
used to it
- M-F (invoke formatter) - new(er) but is not the most logical keystroke anyway
for search IMO

Since the most inconsistent key of the above is '^/', as ^\ is for replace and
/ is synonymous for searching, I'm actually going to change my suggestion to
that instead.  As always interested in hearing what other folks think about
this.