Re: [Nel] RE: Compiling under Linux

From: Vincent Archer
Subject: Re: [Nel] RE: Compiling under Linux
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 11:15:49 +0100

According to Tels:
> >#checking whether c++ accepts -g... \c
> >#yes
> >#./configure: /dev/null: Permission denied
> >#configure: error: can not run ./config.sub
>
> I accidentily descroyd my /dev/null (Dont ask). Sorry.

Wow. And linux kept on working?

On many unix systems, destroying /dev/null and /dev/zero means a
straight go to single user, and system repair using static binaries,
as a lot of dynamic linking uses these files (donno for what exactly).

--
Vincent Archer                                         Email: address@hidden

Nevrax France.                              Off on the yellow brick road we go!