Re: [Nel] Getting NeL up and running.

From: Michael Warnock
Subject: Re: [Nel] Getting NeL up and running.
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 12:59:11 -0800

> I'm running windows with one of the geforce cards and an Athlon 500
> and
> get roughly between 12 and 14 fps. And that seems to be inline with
> others who have similar capabilities.
I'm running an athlon 700 with a geforce2 gts and get 15-30 fps (depending
on scene complexity) with cvs from a couple days ago (and some modifications
we're making which should only make it slower)  The speed hardly even goes
down when I crank the resolution up to 1280x1024 which indicates to me that
we are currently cpu limited.  You might also try commenting nlinfo() lines
out if u really want a few more fps, but just judging by the speed
improvements since snowballs .1 I'm not worried about future performance:)

michael warnock
in-orbit entertainment inc.