Re: [Nmh-workers] Third release candidate for nmh 1.6 now available

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Third release candidate for nmh 1.6 now available
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 10:54:37 -0400

>1. the automatic debian build daemons and build environments are very
>stripped down, without guarantees wrt. particular locales being configured.
>
>it makes no sense to attempt the tests that only work if en_US.UTF-8 is
>available, so i've made the affected tests check that and skip if
>necessary.

I am not sure about that shell syntax; someone else will have to confirm
if it's portable enough.

>2. in my experience the fake smtpd doesn't always start up fast enough for
>the subsequent send invocation, so i've adjusted that test to
>wait and retry a few times if required.

fakesmtp was rewritten so it doesn't actually output the process ID
and background itself until the socket has been created and listen()ed
on (fakepop does the same thing).  Unless I screwed something up, this
should not be a problem anymore.

--Ken