Re: [Nmh-workers] Third release candidate for nmh 1.6 now available

From: Alexander Zangerl
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Third release candidate for nmh 1.6 now available
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 19:21:40 +1000

On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 14:12:26 +0100, Ralph Corderoy writes:
>Hi Alexander,
>
>> e.g. all manpages to go in as whatever.1mh instead of whatever.1
>
>OOI, why's that?  And is that a recentish change on Debian as this old
>Ubuntu doesn't do that.  Does that mean co(1) is co.1rcs, etc. too?

it's required as per the filesystem hierarchy standard
(<https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/fhs/fhs-2.3.html>, just
look for the string mh) and necessary because there is
an unrelated program /usr/bin/scan whose manpage clearly
clashes with the nmh one. <http://bugs.debian.org/694814>

regards
az

--
Alexander Zangerl + GPG Key 0xB963BD5F (or 0x42BD645D) + http://snafu.priv.at/
"I am truly free only when all human beings, men and women,