Re: [Nmh-workers] Stanford disliking my emails -- update + question

From: Bob Carragher
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Stanford disliking my emails -- update + question
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 04:02:28 -0700

Hi Ralph,

On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 08:56:31 +0100 Ralph Corderoy <address@hidden> sez:

> Hi Bob,
>
> In case it's relevant and not been considered yet, the options for a
> subscriber to a Mailman list include
>
>     Avoid duplicate copies of messages?
>
>     When you are listed explicitly in the To: or Cc: headers of a list
>     message, you can opt to not receive another copy from the mailing
>     list.  Select Yes to avoid receiving copies from the mailing list;
>     select No to receive copies.
>
>     If the list has member personalized messages enabled, and you elect
>     to receive copies, every copy will have a X-Mailman-Copy: yes header
>     added to it.
>
>         [x]  No
>         [ ]  Yes

Thanks for pointing this out to me!  I likely went through these
options when I first subscribed all those years ago.  If any new
ones have appeared, then they're set to whatever the default
setting is.

In particular, "Avoid duplicate copies of messages?" is in fact
set to "Yes."  I have changed that to "No," so I should start
receiving duplicates (if people reply to me and the list).

On the other hand, there are 2 options which don't appear to be
working as expected:

     *  Receive your own posts to the list?  [Set to "Yes."]

        I've not received copies of my own posts for a long time.

     *  Get password reminder email for this list?  [Set to "Yes."]

        I've not received reminders for a long time either.

> > P.S.  Sorry to poke a fire that's out, but I really like Andy's
> > left-and-right-justified text.
>
> Sorry, but this is foul:

> I'm   bordering   on
> skipping       those
> emails    and   only
> reading        their
> content  if  I can't
> get  the  gist  from
> any replies.  :‐(

I understand this is not to everyone's taste.  I guess growing up
on man pages warped mine.  B-)

                                Bob