nss-mysql-users

RE: [Nss-mysql-users] Cannot start mysql with nss-mysql installed

From: Jason Clifford
Subject: RE: [Nss-mysql-users] Cannot start mysql with nss-mysql installed
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:14:28 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Dan Slatford wrote:

> > What order do you have the configuration in your /etc/nsswitch.conf
> file?
>
> passwd:         files mysql
> group:          files mysql
> shadow:         files mysql
>
> protocols:      db files
> services:       db files
> ethers:         db files
> rpc:            db files

Are you using nss_db? I very much doubt that would be the cause of the
problem if you're not.

Most have you checked the file permissions on all of the mysql data
dirs, files, config files? If they are owned by a user that only exists in
the mysql passwd table it may fail.

Is there any conflict with a user being listed in both /etc/passwd and
mysql?

You dont have anything odd in your /etc/pwdb.conf do you?

Other than these possibiities I cannot think of anything that would cause
the problem.

Jason Clifford
--
UKPOST.COM                         get your @ukpost.com address now...