nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Strange issues with LocalContent objects

From: Alexander Gräfe
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Strange issues with LocalContent objects
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 08:52:28 +0200

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 03:58:39PM +0200, Juan David Ibáñez Palomar wrote:

> I imagine three different causes that produce your problem, the first
> one is the most probable:
>
> - Go to the "Languages" tab in the "Localizer" object and check wether
>   the languages you want to support are there;

Yes, all three languages are present (de,en,fr)

> - Go to the "Properties" tab and check wether the "accept_path" method
>   appears in the "accept_methods" property;

Yes, it's "accept_path accept_cookie selected_language"

> - Check wether the url is right, for example, given the following
>   directory structure:
>   If the url is "/mysite/en/index" it should work, but "/en/index" should
>   fail.

I have the Localizer in the Root folder, and it seems to work allright,
except for the bit with the generated JavaScript for the DHTML menu.

I just tried changinf the call to the JavaScript from
/menu_array_dynamic.js   to /<dtml-var SELECTED_LANGUAGE>/menu_array_dynamic.js
that seemed to do the trick, but it's not quite what I am looking for.
Maybe I have a conceptual error somewhere. What I want to do (or rather,
what the customer wants... :-)) is to have three (and later possibly more)
languages accesible through the /LANG/ prefix, being able to switch the
language at any point, staying on the same page. So all URLs on a page
have to include the /LANG/ prefix. The problem I see is that if I am not
careful, I might end up with URLs like /de/en/fr/index_html...

Regards,
        Alexander Gräfe