nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Strange issues with LocalContent objects

From: Garikoitz Araolaza
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Strange issues with LocalContent objects
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 09:05:17 +0200

At 08:43 05/07/02, you wrote:
I am creating a menu.js file. I have already added the Expires and
Cache-Control headers to this DTML Method, that doesn't seem to make any
difference.

> Can you get into http://www.egoibarra.com/ and test if the menus language
> changes? (I know you won't understand a word... but just take a look...)

I have the same symptome there. If I call http://www.egoibarra.com/eu/,
and then http://www.egoibarra.com/es/, the text and the button change to
spanish, but the DHTML-menu stays in basque(? not sure, what eu stands
for)
If I use the Dropdown menu to change to spanish, the DHTML-menu stays in
spanish, regardless of the language selected via URL.

I know that it doesn't properly work with this site. I think that Expires and Cache-Control don't work properly with JavaScript files. It only gets updated if you do Refresh in your browser.

I'd say that you have the same problem.

JDavid could give some light, but as far as I know, in earlier versions of Localizer, when it used to work with SiteRoot for local folders URLs of images in local folders where patched in order to avoid browser caching.

You could maybe try creating dynamic JavaScript URLs to avoid caching:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="/<dtml-var SELECTED_LANGUAGE>/menu.js">"></script>

Gari

Garikoitz Araolaza
Code&Syntax
address@hidden