[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: moving toward a 3.0 release

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: moving toward a 3.0 release
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:07:28 -0400
User-agent: Thunderbird (Windows/20060909)

David Bateman wrote:
God please don't point the finger at me.... What I'd like is some
feedback from Bill and Shai on what they think is needed, set a feature
freeze date for octave 3.0 but not at 2.9.9, call 2.9.9 a testing
release and the first release after the feature freeze call it 3.0rc1.
If graphics handles are ready at the feature freeze then accept them,
otherwise go for a release without them.

The only question in the above is when is the feature freeze. Can we
just wait for feedback from Bill and Shai before fixing that date?
OK, so I've been completely swamped with other work recently. I have written many m-files, but I've not had time to dedicate to making a graphics front end. That said, the code that I posed back in May was an excellent skeleton, it just needed many external features implemented (i.e. I think it had lines, patches, axes, figures and other stuff-- like I said I've not looked at it in a while).

One of the major difficulties I had is that I don't know gnuplot well, and I therefore had difficulty trying to make gnuplot work with the frontend. Without a good backend, it's tough to test the frontend. The other problem is that with the speed of the interpreter, it takes ~30 second to create first figure.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]