Re: more graphics changes.

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: more graphics changes.
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:26:46 +0100

John W. Eaton skrev:
It would be helpful to me if people who have been using the new
graphics features could check that I haven't broken too many things.
Please report any problems that you find to this list.
I've actually used octave today for some real work so I hit a few bugs:

*) The axis when showing images isn't correct. This was fixed in previous version after some discussions on the behaviour. I think you just have to flip the y-axis. The problem can be illustrated by the following code:

  im = zeros(50, 50);
  im(30,  5:15) = 1;
  im(25:35, 10) = 1;
  imshow(im)
  hold on; plot(10, 30, 'r*'); hold off

This should show a black image with a white cross. In the center of the white cross a red * should appear.

*) The "pause" function should call drawnow.

*) The "text" function doesn't do anything on my system.

I think that was all the problems I found,
Søren