Re: the competition's expm vs ours

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: the competition's expm vs ours
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 22:47:34 +0100

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 08:55:33PM +0100, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
> > Yes, but then the customizations for the files depend on users
> > individual settings.
>
> Which is good, isn't it?

No, it isn't. I can adapt to whatever style Octave chooses, but please:
only *one* style, and that one enforced with an iron fist.

And yes, I'm happy to have that choice in the file, so I don't need to
find out how to set those preferences.

> > We can delete those if people would prefer to
> > not have them in the source files.
> >

> I think it's weird, that's all. By the same logic, we could be adding
> settings for a dozen of other editors. Is it maybe possible to make
> the emacs settings per-directory using special files?

If you want to add some settings for vim, I'd say: go ahead. I'm not
sure which other editors check for special syntax in the edited files.

        Thomas