pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Packaging GTK with PAN for windows

From: DPA
Subject: [Pan-devel] Packaging GTK with PAN for windows
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 22:55:57 -0500

So far I have not had much success with compiling Pan on Windows using a newer version of GTK, so I was wondering what everyone thought about packaging the older GTK Runtime with the PAN install? I think that all I have to do is also distribute the source with the install package to comply with the terms of the GPL. Does anyone know if this is the case or do I just have to make the source available?

In some limited testing if I put all the required GTK libraries into the same folder as Pan it ran fine and I was also able to install the newer runtime so I could run Ethereal and Gaim.

Pros:
One install
Can coexist with other apps that require a more recent GTK Runtime.
The GTK Runtime on Windows seems to be a bit of a moving target...

Cons:
Installer will be much larger

Thoughts?