pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Packaging GTK with PAN for windows

From: DPA
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Packaging GTK with PAN for windows
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 13:57:44 -0500

K. Haley wrote:
Third try's the charm.  Hopefully.

There has been some weirdness with this list, some of the messages are taking days to arrive.
What problems? I've haven't had any trouble compiling with 2.4, 2.6, &
2.8. Granted 2.4 & 2.6 are useless for pan on windows due to a serious
networking bug. A small patch to pan would allow it to work around the
one minor bug thats left in GLib, FYI this bug causes network activity
to stall on windows.
Sorry I wasn't clear, it built ok I used the packages from http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/ to build it but it gives an error when I try and run it. The error is "Pan has encountered an error and needs to close" The error details point to libglib-2.0-0.dll. I built the package on my laptop which I also used to build with 2.2 so maybe I have an issue on my build system if you were able to get it to run even with the bug you described.

I take it that Pan with 2.2 does work properly on
windows?

It works great thanks to the patches you posted to this list (Thank you!) and I sent off an install package to Dan to evaluate for possible posting on Rebelbase.