pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Seeking advice on Pan license issue with optional TLS co

From: Heinrich Müller
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Seeking advice on Pan license issue with optional TLS component
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 14:52:15 +0100

Am 16.02.2013 09:55, schrieb Dominique Dumont:
Le mardi 12 février 2013 14:26:18, Dominique Dumont a écrit :
Since this is the first time I'm dealing with a trciky licensing issue,
I'd  like some folks from debian-legal mailing list to confirm my opinion.
As mentioned here [1], my proposal is a bad idea. GPL license is transitive.

Since any change you might do upstream to fix this situation will be too late
or too intrusive to be accepted for next Debian release (which is currently in
deep freeze), I have no choice but to remove SSL support from Pan in Debian
Wheezy.

I'll put back SSL support for Pan in Debian unstable once the problematic code
is relicensed or re-written.

Dominique

Thanks for the info, i think i'll switch over to using PolarSSL which is GPLv2

Cheers