pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Seeking advice on Pan license issue with optional TLS co

From: Dominique Dumont
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Seeking advice on Pan license issue with optional TLS component
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 19:30:16 +0100

Hello

Le samedi 16 février 2013 14:52:15, Heinrich Müller a écrit :
> Thanks for the info, i think i'll switch over to using PolarSSL which is
> GPLv2

I got some interesting info from Kalle:

    It looks like the license of GNUTLS 3.1.x may eventually be
    changed from LGPLv3+ back to LGPLv2.1+.  If that succeeds,
    I believe it would solve the incompatibility with Pan.
    http://lists.gnutls.org/pipermail/gnutls-devel/2013-February/006086.html

    Alternatively, the SSL support could be rewritten to use the NSS
    library from Mozilla; that one remains GPLv2-compatible.  I don't
    know yet how different its API is.

Hope this helps

Dominique