pan-users

[Pan-users] Per group UI settings

From: Samuli Kärkkäinen
Subject: [Pan-users] Per group UI settings
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 19:22:19 +0200

This is a fairly sizable feature request, but I keep wanting the ability to
have UI settings depend on the group. In some groups, I give most of the
screen space to the header pane, and have the font in body pane small. In
others, the body pane should be larger and its font bigger so as to make
reading articles easier; in this case, the header pane columns need to be
narrower. Furthermore, the typical subject length differs between groups, so
I'd like pan to remember the widths of header pane columns per group.

Clearly there is a UI problem with how to determine when user wants the
change to any of these things to apply to all groups, and when to only one
specific group. I can't offer suggestions to that problem, but I'd like the
developers to know that at least I would like this feature in some form.

--
  Samuli Kärkkäinen                   |\      _,,,---,,_
 address@hidden ---------ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_------