pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Where Is Pan Installed?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Where Is Pan Installed?
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:38:06 -0700

Lenroc posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,  on Tue, 18
Nov 2003 00:49:26 -0700:

> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 00:21:24 -0500, Will Oram wrote:
>
>> By some sort of miracle, Pan is on my computer at last. Trouble is, I
>> don't know where it lives on my drive or how to access it via X11.
>
> 'locate pan'?

Or, as long as it's in your path and is executable, "which pan", to show
the location of the executable that would be launched if you simply said
"pan"..  All at the shell prompt, xterm, konsole, gterm, aterm,
whatever-it-is that provides the console window functionality for you in
X.  One can then launch it using either that or the open/launch dialog, if
whatever windowing environment you use has such an animal.  Setting up the
menu entry if desired shouldn't be TO difficult from that point, but
without knowing your distrib or preferred windowing environment..

Benjamin Franklin