pan-users

[Pan-users] Thank you for Pan.

From: Bryan Anderson
Subject: [Pan-users] Thank you for Pan.
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:49:56 +0000

Just want to say thank you for all the work that's gone into Pan. It's the best newsreader for me under Linux - an operating system that I now have about a months experience with, having come from XP (using Agent for news there).

Just a couple of (minor) points though:

(a) is there any reason why I can't select more than two messages to be 'deleted' from my message list? Assuming I have a thread that is fifteen messages long and I have read them all and now want to remove them. If I close the thread and hit 'del' then great, they all go. If I wanted to delete just ten of them, I ought to be able to highlight one, then shift and down arrow to the last one, hit delete. As it is, shift and down arrow will highlight the second message, then on the next down arrow, it will highlight the third message but un-highlight the second.

(b) any chance of an option to NOT to have to hit return to display the currently highlighted message? I tend to use my newsreader offline, tho' I do have always on broadband. I check for new headers, down load them all, along with the bodies. I then tend to use the keyboard to view the messages - up and down along the message list, right to open a thread, left to close a thread, del to remove the message if I don't want to keep it, etc.

The only problem is that when I use the arrow keys up and down, the highlighted message isn't displayed until I hit return. Means two key-presses when one would do.

(c) any chance of a folder where I could store messages that I want to archive? Either one folder that I can make subfolders in, or one archive folder per newsgroup?

Keep it up! And if you need any help (that doesn't involve coding!) then let me know.

Bryan Anderson <address@hidden>