pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Windows build of 0.91 is up.

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Windows build of 0.91 is up.
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 15:05:11 -0500

Kevin Gottsman wrote:

The Windows version looks really nice. I haven't gotten the Linux version
to compile yet because of an outdated pcre. Great work and am looking
forward to more progress.

Thanks, and so am I. ;)

1. Not sure if its Windows specific or not but the times listed in the
header pane are malformed. For today's messages, they all say ":24 AM" or
"Today :35AM". All dates from yesterday and beyond look ok.

Yep, the test for localized strftime that I lifted from evolution didn't take Windows strangeness into account. Fixed.

2. I had to launch the windows version within from a batch file. If I
didn't I got the following error even after adjusting my startup directory:
  The procedure entry point g_assert_warning could not be located in
  the dynamic link library libglib-2.0.0.dll.
3. Also, it wouldn't let me type "dynamic" from the previous error
message. Not sure if its a shortcut problem or a wrapping problem.

No idea.   What versions of Windows and gtk+ runtime are you using?

4. It would be nice to indicate if the editor is in insert mode or not.

Let's get to features after 0.9x is a little more stable.

5. Random crashes. Was subscribing to a bunch of groups manually and it
dumped. Only saved about half of my subscribed groups. Had to re-subscribe
again.

If you could run in insight to get a backtrace that would be great...

cheers,
Charles