pan-users

[Pan-users] pan multiserver?

From: Lazlow
Subject: [Pan-users] pan multiserver?
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 16:49:55 -0500

Hey Guys

I need a little clarification here. I have two news servers: 1. Slow but 30+ day retention. 2. Fast but 7 day (maybe) retention. In the pre .9x versions I would dl everything from 2 then switch to 1 and get the rest. When I set up .93 and .94 I do fine as long as all the messages are on both servers. If the messages are too old for #2 the connection to #2 appears to be messing with the connection to #1. If I shut down and remove #2 (remove servers still does not work?) then the speed of # 1 goes back up. Is there a work around for this?

Second Question: In the pre .9x versions I could change the number of connections "live". That is, without breaking the connection to the news server I could change from 2 to 4 connections. This is important to me because I am limited to 2 connections, except if I wait for half an hour of stable dl I can bump to 4 connections. When dl binaries this is a great help.
Any suggestions?

Thanks for this great program
FC4 , Pan 0.94
Lazlow