pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.95 "I feel clean now. My whole body's just a-

From: Artur Jachacy
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.95 "I feel clean now. My whole body's just a-quivering with cleanness!"
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 18:11:45 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 01:01:09 -0500, Charles Kerr wrote:

> If it's Sunday, it's PAN!
>
> The 0.9x series are unstable betas of a C++ rewrite of Pan that
> runs much lighter and faster, suports nzb and multiserver downloads,
> and has a cleaner user interface, all in half code size of 0.14.x.
> Every Sunday a new release brings you more bugfixes and polish.
>
> I'm really happy about this version, since I've spent the last
> few evenings writing a new implementation of GtkTreeModel that
> means more memory shaved off and decent speed improvements
> in the group and header panes (or, if you're using older versions
> of gtk, HUGE speed improvements).
>
> As usual a longer shopping list of changes, and the tarball,
> are up at http://pan.rebelbase.com/ .
>
> cheers,
> Charles

Thanks for keeping up the work! Some issues:

<address@hidden> (Chris's post in pan-devel)
crashes Pan for me. Windows says it has something to do with
libglib-2.0-0.dll.
There are still problems with posts with undeclared
charset. Pan eats characters outside us-ascii.
Please, please, PLEASE make Pan remember all preferences, including font
settings, pane dimensions and header sorting order.

Artur