pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.95 "I feel clean now. My whole body's just a-

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.95 "I feel clean now. My whole body's just a-quivering with cleanness!"
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 13:52:46 -0700

walt posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,  on Sun, 30 Apr
2006 07:26:56 -0700:

>  while attempting to read the gmane.test group -- the
> article bodies were not getting fetched at all:
>
> (article-cache.cc:398 get_message): assertion "this->contains(*it)" failed.
> (article-cache.cc:398 get_message): assertion "this->contains(*it)" failed.
> (article-cache.cc:398 get_message): assertion "this->contains(*it)" failed.
> (article-cache.cc:398 get_message): assertion "this->contains(*it)" failed.
> (article-cache.cc:398 get_message): assertion "this->contains(*it)" failed.
> Segmentation fault

This looks similar to the problem I reported with 0.94.  See the "BUG 0.94
(and earlier): article-cache.cc:398 asseartion  fail" post from back on
the 26th.

Back then it wasn't segfaulting, but it wasn't downloading them, either.
It's listed as a fixed bug for 0.95, which I just merged (Gentoo ebuild,
locally rev-bumped from the 0.92 in the portage tree).  A quick look at
what was the problem posts previously demonstrates that 0.95 is indeed
fetching the posts here, now, so my bug does indeed seem to be fixed.

I'll have to go try the gmane.test group, to see what it does for me, but
0.95 hasn't failed the quick tests that were stopping me from using
previous 0.9x versions as my main newsclient or even doing any in-depth
testing, so things are looking dramatically better than they were, here.

I'll post another followup when I get some more time to test and can
verify or not the gmane.test results you saw.  However, that'll probably
be tomorrow.

Do the patches Charles posted ~ an hour ago change the outcome?  I've not
tried them at all yet.