pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: How do you point Pan to use another directory?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: How do you point Pan to use another directory?
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 23:49:04 +0000 (UTC)

"Ufuk YILDIRIM" <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted
below, on  Wed, 25 Jun 2008 17:18:21 +0300:

> After having decided to tidy up my hard drives, I now have a separate
> partition for my profiles of net related applications (i.e., Firefox,
> Thunderbird). I want to put the .pan2 folder there too but I don't know
> how to point Pan to use this new location. Is it possible? If so, how
> would I do that?
>
> I use M$ windoze and Pan 0.132.

Easy, set a symlink... Oh, MSWormOS...

More seriously, while a symlink will work (on *ix anyway), there's a
better way with new-pan (pan2).  Set and export the environmental
variable PAN_HOME to point to the appropriate directory before starting
pan, and it should read it and load any config and data it sees there,
instead of using the default .pan2 dir.  That should work anywhere pan
works.

OTOH, I can't tell you how to set an environmental var on MSWormOS beyond
'98.  Ideally, you could set it by configuring the shortcut, but if
that's not possible and you don't already know, better check with someone
that's more familiar with newer MS.