pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: How do you point Pan to use another directory?

From: SciFi
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: How do you point Pan to use another directory?
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 12:00:47 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

(yeah I am still around <g>)

Just yesterday I tried setting up several pan2 home dirs on a
separate volume, wanting to run several instances of pan2 each
having PAN_HOME pointing to its corresponding tree.  It’s not that
simple.  Long story short:  I had to edit each preferences.xml to
change its <newsrc> entry, which is a complete fully spec’d
path+file string and not “relative” to anything.  I studied the
code and newsrc-* is perhaps the only set of files that does not
utilize “g_getenv” or “get_pan_home()” (or such) in a dynamic
fashion as the code does for other files.

Had a terrible time trying to fish-out this specific info, Google
couldn’t find anything directly related, but it did hint at where
in the src this was happening.  Now this very post will hopefully
be widely archived so someone else can find it.  ;)