pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Many Binaries Cannot Be Shown In Pan

From: K. Haley
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Many Binaries Cannot Be Shown In Pan
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 23:06:29 -0700

On 12/31/2009 4:50 PM, walt wrote:
> On 12/31/2009 03:28 PM, George Czerw wrote:
>> git clone -b integration git://github.com/lostcoder/pan2
>> error: unknown switch `b'
>
> My guess is that the -b was added to git recently and your version
> of git doesn't have it.  No matter, you can do the same thing after
> you clone, by doing "git checkout integration".
>
> However, I didn't know about the integration branch and I've been
> compiling the "testing" branch, i.e. "git checkout testing" which
> seems very stable in spite of the name.

The integration branch started as a way for me to test my patches
against gnome pan.  Then I decided it might be useful for Charles to
have that branch along with all the feature branches that haven't been
pulled yet.  I'm hoping that it will become the next version of pan.

BTW, Zing reported a bug yesterday fro gnome pan that would cause it to
clobber newsrc files.  Well, the read status could be clobbered if you
didn't use mark group read.