pan-users

[Pan-users] I did more testing; using another news-reader those files fe

From: SciFi
Subject: [Pan-users] I did more testing; using another news-reader those files fetched fine.
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 07:26:59 +0000 (UTC)

Hi again,

I got binsearch.info to whip-up a NZB for the sample file pointed to here.
(Just search on the main Subject filename as shown.  Need to use binsearch's
"other groups" option for it, too.)

This NZB looks fine, nothing is goofed-up, and all 6746 parts are listed
within it.  Meaning this poster is *not* an idiot as someone said here.  ;)

Using this NZB, my build of Pan got just as crazy if not even crazier.

Ok now here is what I think is big evidence showing Pan has the bug:
I used my registered copy of Unison
<http://www.panic.com/unison/>
which is expressly designed for OSX, and knows about NZB files.
I fed the very same NZB file to it,
using the very same server (GN) and id/pswd etc.,
and SUCCESSFULLY fetched the entire file just fine.

I then went on to make more NZBs by using binsearch to browse the a.b.chaka
newsgroup directly, and all those worked just fine also with Unison.

But Pan did _not_ behave with those NZBs, still.

I think Olaf/Rhialto is hitting very close, in that Pan is doing some
char-subs with what seems to be C-language strings, somehow.
This ain't kewl.  Not at all.  ;(

…

Someone here asked:  What is a .tp file?
lookie here:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-TS>
altho the poster captured the digital-TV stream via cable;
otherwise it's all pretty-much the same thing:
These days it is the _best_ TV-recording method bar DVDs and Blurays® etc.
We have a ready-to-post FAQ whenever a UseNet user asks this question.  ;)

…

Some people are having trouble with generated NZBs matching their NSP.
Fortunately I pay for GN's topmost unlimited usage, but I also pay for the
$11/month unlimited special at Astraweb as well, e.g. please see
<http://www.news.astraweb.com/specials/kleverig-11.html>
(I just checked, it is still there as I post this msg).

…

I was kinda hopin K.Haley might've fixed this already in those git trees.
But I usually follow the main tree that Charles Kerr keeps up.
I am about ready to do self-upgrades on the whole gnome system here myself
(I never use a pkg-mgr as they all wipe-out my build-environments etc, so
you can see how much work this will be for me ;) ).
Anyway,
Shall I open a bug-report on this?

Thank you for helping.