pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Linux Pan crashes on exit on x64 system.

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Linux Pan crashes on exit on x64 system.
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 02:10:12 +0000 (UTC)

Petr Kovar posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 18:36:42 +0200 as excerpted:

> Anyway, the crash on exit problem seems to be related to the
> gnome-keyring code and shouldn't happen if you compile pan with
> --enable-gkr=no.

That would be why I've not seen it here. =:^)

I run (a lite) kde-plasma here, not gnome, and don't pull in anything
gnome-ish I can get away without.

(Probably no one but gentooers care about the following, but FWIW...)
Being gentoo, that means I can get away with installing a lot less than
normal (tho I do need build-time deps too), because most of the build-
time options that pull in more deps are exposed via USE flags, and my
policy is to leave USE flags off unless I have some reason (like a
depending package requiring it) I need them.  I even set -* at the
beginning of my make.conf/use file, in ordered to avoid all the flags my
profile would normally turn on, and have literally justified to myself
every single flag I have on, both system-wide and for individual packages
where they differ from system defaults.