pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Launch a browser from Pan under Windows 10

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Launch a browser from Pan under Windows 10
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 18:51:22 +0000 (UTC)

Helge Hielscher posted on Wed, 01 Nov 2017 18:17:28 +0000 as excerpted:

> is it possible to lauch a browser from within pan 0.142 under windows
> 10?
>
> If yes: what command-line do you use?
>
> I always get "Failed to execute helper program (Invalid argument)" in
> the log.

All my MS knowledge is now either a decade and a half out of date, or
rather vague hearsay, so this may not be of much help, but...

How I'd try to approach something like that on Linux, and how I'd have
tried to approach it on MS back at the turn of the century before I
switched from slaveryware to freedomware, is by writing a script as the
command to try to invoke.

That way you can code whatever you need, debugging you can have it dump
to a temporary output file to see if it gets to that line at all and the
state of various environmental variables, necessary parameters to feed to
the actual binary you /intended/ to run, etc, into the script.

Back then that script would have been a *.bat file.  These days, I
believe MS can run *.wsh (Windows scripting host) files, and can even run
bash shell scripts like I'd create for Linux, on the MS Windows Linux
subsystem.

Don't forget to to set the executable attribute/permission-bit on the
script after you've created it, before trying to run it. =:^)