pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Launch a browser from Pan under Windows 10

From: Steve Davies
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Launch a browser from Pan under Windows 10
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 00:10:09 +0000

OK, new version up - Hope it is sane!

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 at 22:06 Steve Davies <address@hidden> wrote:
The run string for Windows is fine. It is the launcher that is a problem. It was completely missing from my package. If you have changed to xdg-open then I will rebuild and repackage with that

Thanks
Steve

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 at 21:59, Petr Kovar <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, 16 Nov 2017 11:33:34 +0000
Steve Davies <address@hidden> wrote:

> I can replicate this, and can confirm that Pan is TRYING to execute the
> right thing, but that the manner of execution is somehow broken - I'll do
> my best to find some time to look at what/why this is occurring.

On Windows, unless changed by the user, pan uses this command to launch the
helper program:

"rundll32 url.dll,FileProtocolHandler"

So, should this be updated? See pan/gui/url.cc for the code.

Btw, I've just updated that file to use xdg-open instead of deprecated
gnome-open that seems to stop working quite recently on GNOME. If it
broke something else, please let me know.

Cheers,
pk