paragui-users

Re: [paragui-users] Several questions concerning paraGUI

From: Ulf Lorenz
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Several questions concerning paraGUI
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:12:15 +0100

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 03:54:31PM +0200, ??????? wrote:
> 1.please, show me how to change the look of Scroll in ListBox. Give  me the
> example, please.
Would liek to help, bu I don't understand what you want. Which look do
you want to change?

> 2.how to use the timer (every second should be read from the file as a
> symbol) with example, please
Derive from PG_TimerObject and use AddTimer and eventTimer. I have
attached an example from our game.ch contains a lot of noise, but I
wasn't sure how much to remove. Look at the functions
SmallMap::restartTimer() and SmallMap::eventTimer().

> 3.how to generate the signal of pressing the key at any event (without
> actually pressing the key on keyboard), for example, keys UP DOWN.
> With example, please.
I cannot provide an example yet. Want to do two other patches first. But
since I once decided to have a look at this mechanism anyway, there will
be one hopefully till Christmas.

Until then, as general pointers:

- Take the cvs sources (the mechanism changed a lot since 1.1.8 and is
  now much easier).
- Derive a new class from PG_EventSupplier and rewrite the abstract
  functions, so that they generates keyboard events from whatever source
  you prefer. (most important is PollEvents; a blueprint for the others
  can be found in the class PG_SDLEventSupplier)
- call PG_Application::SetEventSupplier and set your own class as event
  supplier.

Maybe this gets you started a bit.

cu,
Ulf