partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] IPv6

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] IPv6
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 14:19:55 +0200 (CEST)

I've been preparing IPv6 for a while now.
The file ppl/unix/ppldnsv6.c makes use of
getaddrinfo to manage transparently ipv4/ipv6
address.

To use this file instead of the original one,
you have to compile with -DHAVE_GETADDRINFO

CFLAGS="-DHAVE_GETADDRINFO" ./configure
make
make install

The above should already work for IPv4.

If you want to really use an IPv6 network (which I've never tried...), use
the additionnal flag "-DIPV6_SUPPORT":

CFLAGS="-DHAVE_GETADDRINFO" ./configure
make
make install

To make it work this way, I guess you have to change
some code in other places... This include calls to
methods like inet_addr() that appears evrywhere.
Some method to replace them are already in partysip
(like ppl_inet_ntop() that makes use of inet_ntop)

I'll apreciate if you can make a patch for IPv6.
My request is that you'll have to enclose all
your change between:

#ifdef IPV6_SUPPORT
#else
#endif

so that it won't break anything until the patch
will be complete.

You'll mainly have to work on the udp plugin
(in the plugin/udp directory) and in the file
src/sfp.c which may be already ok.

Thanks
Aymeric