partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] IPv6

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] IPv6
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:22:40 +0200 (CEST)

On 11 Apr 2003, Anthony Liu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The patch is attached. Note the following please:

Great thanks.
I'll test it today for IPv4

> 4.Modification of NAT module is not finished since
>   it is more complex than my expectation.

Quite all NAT issue are manage in file src/psp_nat.c

The "dynamic" NAT config use a modified version of iptables
which listen for new rules on a TCP socket. The modified
version of iptables can be donwloaded on
http:/osip.atosc.org/download/

The non "dynamic" NAT is just masquerading some feilds
in SIP messages (SDP info, Via and

remote_natip   = sip.no-ip.org
masquerade_via = on          (<- not needed for compliant remote proxy/UA)
masquerade_sdp = on          (<- always needed, but you also have to
                                 enter a static rule in the firewall to
                                 forward RTP streams. There should be
                                 at least one rule for each UA on the
                                 LAN. All the UA in this LAN MUST be
                                 configured to use different RTP port.)

In all cases, you MUST choose to "record-route" request by
selecting:

  record-route  on

evrywhere it appears in the configuration.

> 5.sip.mcast.net has NO WELL-KNOWN IPv6 address...so
>   the behavior is unknown for codes in that block...

Fine.

> 6.IPv4 functions are not tested after IPv6 modification
>   is done. (I've tested IPv6 functions with two kphone
>   clients)
>
> That's what I can recall so far... If something comes
> back to my mind, I'll let you know.
>
> My next step is to add a new module whose function might
> overlap with NAT partially... Can you give me a note on
> the module programming in partysip?

For the NAT issues, the explanations are above.

Are you asking information on the plugin developpement?
Aymeric