partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] IPv6

From: Anthony Liu
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] IPv6
Date: 14 Apr 2003 11:36:17 +0800

Hi,

There is no way to allocate one socket which can be bind to IPv4 and
IPv6 addresses simultaneously:

socket( PF_UNSPEC, SOCK_DGRAM, IPPROTO_UDP );

If IPv4 and IPv6 will be supported at the same time at socket level,
then udp plugin must be modified to allocate two socket descriptors
at the same time. So my basic assumption is one partysip server will
be used only under IPv4 or IPv6 environment at a time. Some code I've
modified can be further modified to support both IPv4 and IPv6... but
not the socket level, I think.

Regards,
Anthony Liu