pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Joining the development

From: Cirilo Bernardo
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Joining the development
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 18:08:39 +1000

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 5:08 PM, Zac Brown <address@hidden> wrote:
[snip]
> Anyone have tips on a good place to get my feet wet with GNU PDF?
>
> -Zac

Just your luck - the code base is still small enough that you can read
all of the code and see how things are meant to work.  All I can
suggest is that you read through and see how files and data structures
are all related.  And maybe spend some time setting up your favorite
editor to display things the way you like and save files according to
the coding rules in effect.

You may also want to read through the PDF1.7 documentation; you can
get an electronic copy from Adobe and I think you can also get a copy
of the international standard from other sources.  After all, you need
to have at least some familiarity with the PDF specification before
you can understand what the code is trying to accomplish; at the very
least you'll have a clue where to start looking for references in the
specs.

- Cirilo