pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] pdf_fsys_disk_get_free_space()

From: Aleksander Morgado
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] pdf_fsys_disk_get_free_space()
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 15:22:21 +0100

As a side note, the Acrobat SDK provides two different data types and
functions:

   typedef ASUns32 ASDiskSpace;
   ASFileSysGetStorageFreeSpace ()

   typedef ASUns64 ASDiskSpace64;
   ASFileSysGetStorageFreeSpace64 ()

There are other functions with 64-bit versions.
But I would avoid to use 64-bit specific alternatives if possible.

Uff, I don't like that.

Aleks, how are you implementing pdf_fsys_disk_get_free_space() for
both POSIX and Windows?

I think we can go and use pdf_off_t as return value of the function. In Windows, you will get directly the number of free bytes as a ULARGE_INTEGER, using GetDiskFreeSpaceEx(). That number will be casted to a pdf_off_t to return it.

In POSIX I will leave the statfs() implementation, which computes the number of free bytes as (f_bfree*f_bsize).