pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] pdf_fsys_disk_get_free_space()

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] pdf_fsys_disk_get_free_space()
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 15:44:29 +0100

    > It's real and I could send you files. I've been dealing with this in
    > pdfTeX lately (i.e. enabling LFS).

   Hehe, no thanks, my laptop won't stop thrashing with that big file. :-)

   So, I guess one solution would be to use -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64,
   right ?

There are two separated issues there:

* File-size related operations.

The operations using pdf_off_t values should be fine: on POSIX systems
pdf_off_t will map the native off_t type, that will be 32-bit or
64-bit wide, depending on the system/compiler/etc. In that case we can
compile with _FILE_OFFSET_BITS if it is defined in the system (we can
check for the availability of _FILE_OFFSET_BITS using autoconf).

Aleks, is off_t available in mingw? If not, it is clear to which data
type should we map pdf_off_t when compiling on windozes? What about
MACOS?

* Disk-size related operations.

I would not rely in pdf_off_t for pdf_fsys_get_free_space. I can think
in two alternatives:

   1) Make pdf_fsys_get_free_space to return the number of free
      blocks instead of the number of free bytes, ala statfs.

   2) Make pdf_fsys_get_free_space to return a 64bit value in any
      case.