pengfork-devel

Re: [Pengfork-devel] Work state

From: Nicolas Burrus
Subject: Re: [Pengfork-devel] Work state
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 22:29:54 +0200

On Saturday 24 August 2002 16:38, Jean-Charles Salzeber wrote:
> For people whishing to know what is the status of my work, you will find
> an archive in:
> http://www.jcs.firstream.net/pengfork-not-a-version.tar.gz
>

> It is *NOT* a running version.
> If you want to test, modify the peng.cf file.
> I've some trouble with the tun interface on my Linux box, I've got some
> suscess on OpenBSD, but I think I should concentrate on Linux, isn't it?
>
> The TCP/IP tunneling isn't done, but may not so hard, when I fixed the
> problem.
>
> Just for information are
>
> cat </dev/net/tun

# cat </dev/net/tun
cat: -: File descriptor in bad state

> ifconfig tun0 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.2 up

# ifconfig tun0 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.2 up
SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
tun0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device

Just a little remark, prot30_send_packet in prot30.c seems to call
buffer_alloc quite late, and I don't understand why buffer_alloc does not
extend the buffer if necessary.

Will the code be imported in CVS soon ?

--
Nicolas