pengfork-devel

Re: [Pengfork-devel] Work state

From: Jean-Charles Salzeber
Subject: Re: [Pengfork-devel] Work state
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 00:09:39 +0200

Sorry Laurent, I've forgotten cc'ing the list

----- Forwarded message from Jean-Charles Salzeber <address@hidden> -----

From: Jean-Charles Salzeber <address@hidden>
To: lordheavy <address@hidden>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 23:28:18 +0200

On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 18:36, lordheavy wrote:
> it's segfault with root user, file tun.c :
>
> line 106 :  strcpy (PARAM_INTERFACE_NAME, ifr.ifr_name);
>
> must be  strcpy (ifr.ifr_name, PARAM_INTERFACE_NAME);
>
> it seem better :)

This is not the mistake here :), in fact the memory pointed by
PARAM_INTERFACE_NAME is not writable...
If you uncomment the line 'interface_name = tun0' in peng.cf the memory
will be allocated, so this will not 'core dump' (this is a hack I know)

But what is interesting here, is it seems that you have a working system!
Could you say what kernel version do you use?

And propably if you do a 'cat </dev/net/tun' this will not say an error
(File descriptor in bad state)

> Laurent

Thanks
JC