pengfork-devel

Re: [Pengfork-devel] Cvs remark

From: Nicolas Burrus
Subject: Re: [Pengfork-devel] Cvs remark
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 09:51:16 +0200

On Wednesday 28 August 2002 01:35, Jean-Charles Salzeber wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 16:57, Nicolas Burrus wrote:
> > Because of cvs timestamps problem with auto* generated scripts, I've
> > removed all Makefile.in, configure and config/* stuff. Please run
> > autoreconf -fvi or read README.cvs after checkout.
>
> I'm not sure to understand.

Well, I give you the details :

autoconf tries to regenerate Makefile.in's, configure, etc ... when
Makefile.am's seems older than configure.ac. So if I commit Makefile.am's
before configure.ac, cvs store the timestamps, and then when you checkout,
you have a configure.ac which seems newer than Makefile.am's, so it will
launch autoconf and regenerate new Makefile.in's and configure. This is quite
annoying if you don't have exactly the same automake than mine, it will
complain, etc ...

So the solution is not to add Makefile.in's and configure to CVS, and let
developpers run autoreconf and generate their files. When releasing, make
dist creates a good tarball with all scripts ready.

> I can't create configure.
> It seems that config.h.in is missing on CVS.

Run autoREconf -fiv and give me feedback if it does not work.

--
Nicolas