pengfork-devel

Re: [Pengfork-devel] why not use sourceforge.net?

From: Jean-Charles Salzeber
Subject: Re: [Pengfork-devel] why not use sourceforge.net?
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 14:20:56 +0200

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 13:23, Ethan Hunt wrote:

>    hello,

hi,

>    before pengfork becomes a big project, i would like to ask you to
>    change the developer platform (savannah).
>
>    I think sourceforge.net is much easier to use, it's more popular,
>    faster, and it automatically supports multilanguage. birdy also used
>    it for pengaol.
>
>    So why don't we use it for pengfork also?

Well, I understand your point of view. I think Lordheavy choose savannah
for political reasons (correct me if I'm wrong).
In fact from the time when birdy put pengaol on sf, sf has changed:
 * Sourceforge is *NOT* GPL anymore
 * they use more and more proprietary softwares (recently they use IBM
 db2!)

That's why savannah had been created from the source of sourceforge when
they were under GPL.

Don't you feel confortable with savannah?
I don't know what feature we really *need* isn't present on savannah.

>    Because I'm german, I could do some german support, or, for example,
>    translate the pengfork homepage, when we have one, into german.

It would be nice, thanks!

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 13:38, Ethan Hunt wrote:
> and sourceforge.org's mailing-list supports html :)

humm... again I don't know why using html mail. Text is really
sufficient for all normal communication (except perhaps for spam :) ).

Thanks for you support Ethan.

JC