Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] registration app and choice of personal_in

From: Jim Foster
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] registration app and choice of personal_info template
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 05:11:53 -0700

Jason:

Thank you for your advice. I will be revisiting this issue today.

There is one other issue I need to address, perhaps you or someone else
following this thread could give me some clues as to how to handle it.

My client is in the business of online education for the medical imaging
professional (Radiography, Mammography, MRI, CT, Ultrasound, etc).  Study
material is available in a variety of formats which is sold online. As a new
customer moves through the process of a purchase, at some point his/her
name/address will be required. Thought is to allow the user to register at
the appropriate time while in the middle of a purchase, then, instead of
going to the welcome screen after a successful registration, redirect the
user to the next page in the purchase process. This way, the registration
process just becomes a little detour off the road in the purchase process.
For example: if a registered and logged-in user's purchase flow looks like
this:

        Purchase Area -> Place Order -> Confirm Order -> Order Success

then a new (not yet registered) user's flow would look like this:

        Purchase Area -> Place Order -> Registration Process -> Confirm
Order -> Order Success

So the question is, is it possible to establish a session for the user
following his/her registration, followed by a redirect to the page desired
(Confirm Order in the example above)? Looking at the code it seems that it
should be able to be done in boreg.step4. Since I still rate myself as
"novice" with the registration code, I thought it prudent to seek out word
from those much more knowledgeable about the code, itself.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Jim