[Phpgroupware-developers] registration app and choice of personal_info t

From: Jim Foster
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] registration app and choice of personal_info template
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 04:14:30 -0700

Hello all!

This is a question regarding the registration application.

I am using it for a client's site that is composed of both general public areas and areas that require registration in order to access those areas. Works like a charm! (Thanks go to Jason for helping me get started with it).

Now the request from my client is to allow for internationalization on the registration form. In my opinion, an international form mixed in with one for the US is a real mess. Best approach is to fork either national or international. My thought is to put radio buttons for national / international on the opening page that asks for a login name, and for the registration app to pull up a personal_info_national.tpl --OR-- a personal_info_international.tpl in uireg.step2, depending, of course,  on the user's radio button select.

Question: Is the registration app architecture such as to allow for such choice without a massive code rewrite? or must I consider other, less elegant options?

Thanks much in advance!

Jim