Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: [ phpgroupware-Bugs-445721 ] email

From: Del
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: [ phpgroupware-Bugs-445721 ] email password not saved.
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:20:40 +1100

"Dan Kuykendall (Seek3r)" wrote:

> Agreed. The crypto class is important, but the implementation isnt
> exactly consistant. Milosch is now working on cleaning this up, and I
> think that will help.

OK, my 2c worth:

The crypto class is busted, completely.  As soon as you turn on mcrypt,
everything stops working.  This is due to some elementary bugs.  Wrong
values being returned from a function, if statements around the wrong
block of code, etc.

I can fix the bugs in about 2 minutes.  To whom do I send the patches,
or should I wait until Milosch finishes what he's working on?

If the class is important, and I know it's important to me, then why
not fix the bugs?

I'd like to start work on a couple of other modules I can plug into
phpgroupware, plus some code to add PGP and S/MIME working in the email
module, but I can't do that with a broken crypto class.  The crypto
class is absolutely critical for S/MIME.

(Oh, and Angles:  one reason why the crypto class must handle objects
as well as just strings is that it will be required for S/MIME).

--
Del