Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Email Questions & Ideas.

From: Tony (Angles) Puglisi
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Email Questions & Ideas.
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 05:56:37 +0000

"Houston, we have a problem"

I left work thursday to visit relatives. It is now Late Dec 24th, early Dec 25
Eastern US.

When I left town I took my laptop with me, determined to finally get multiple
accounts and filters implemented.

So I massively re-wrote the paramater handling to condense all object param or
arg
access functions into one place, in the traditional OOP style, examples:
object->get_arg_value('folder')
object->set_arg_value('start')
object->get_isset_arg('msglist')

Any class vars that get cached or otherwise require special handling all hook
off
those calls, so the developer need not learn many different access calls, only a
very few.

Same goes for preferences. They are access OOP style thru similar functions.

Purpose: There will be ONE mail_msg object, for which *most* properties and
child
objects (mail_dcom object, for ex.) branch off in a numbered array, with each
number
being an "email account number" between 0 and 4 (for example).

These access methods take care of handling which email account is the intended
object for any particular action. In this way, these OOP access methods
transparently allow the implementation of one mail_msg object with multiple,
different, simultanous mail account logins, all of which are capable of being
aware
of the other open server connections.

Again: Purpose: Mail filters that can transfer mail between accounts, not just
between folders in a single email account. Also, searches that can span
different
email accounts or at least more than just one folder searches.

So, I get back in town and check my mail (my devel install is blocked from the
net
at large) and find that there's been a feature freeze. I don't yet have a stable
product, I'm also n-tiering everything as I re-write.

I guess if you branch I could continue developement on the current code in that
branch and then commit the new stuff to HEAD.

Any one got any ideas? I'm at a loss on this one :(