[Phpgroupware-developers] Email Questions.

From: Bob Crandell
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Email Questions.
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 06:04:33 +0000

Is there anything inherit to imap that would prevent one user from proxying into
another user's account?  For example, with Groupwise, a user can give
permission to
another to allow them to see what emails there are, on one extreme or give
another
user full access, so that user A can send and receive mail as if he were user B.

Before I was introduced to phpGroupware, I supported, and still support,
Novell's
Groupwise.  I have to say this compares quite favorably with it.  Keep up the
good
work and I'll install it on every Linux server I build.

Merry Christmas

Tony (Angles) Puglisi (address@hidden) wrote*:

>When the message is moved from the source folder to the target folder (in this
>case
>Trash), the most common practice (and preferred) is not to change any
>properties of
>the message, in particular, the email app should preserve what is called the
email's
>"internal date", meaning the date it arrived on the server.
>
>That said, the email app *may* change certain things when moving mail around.
>I've
>not done it, but I could look into it, but I really advise against changing the
>"internal date" unless we find this is common practice with regards to trash
folders.

>Perhaps a non-destructive (i.e. not changing the original "internal date")
>*could*
>be to add an X-* header to the message, perhaps like this:

>BUT this requires the sorting to occur at the email client, since the email
>server
>is "not programmed", generally, to sort in such a custom way. So if you have
>alot
of