Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Template work

From: Tony (Angles) Puglisi
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Template work
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 23:48:26 +0000

One importand thing to note:

 * in the row where the welcome, preferences, and logout bottons are in
idsociety,
you may notice (now) there's a hint of a silver line at the bottom of this row.

I spent alot of time trying to get that to look right in different browsers and
with different font sizes. It was not possible, because if every thing is not
sized "just right" (browser's font size, size of the browser window...), it
ends up
looking stupid with that silver line ending up in the wrong place and the
buttons
having their own slver line seperate from that.

So about 4 months ago, I "ratified" what had been the common look, meaning that
in
most browsers, the silver line was not showing up anyway, so I carefully extract
the 1 pixel high silver color from about 8 images are resized them accordingly.
Then I was able to get idsociety to look the same in old browsers, new browsers,
and with different font sizes and window sizes.

Now I see it again (at least in IE6). I guess this is unintended, because the
silver-line-less images have the same name as it's previous version, but with
the
number "2" just before the ".gif" (if I remember correctly). Perhaps you are
picking up the old images.

p.s. I'm not maried to a 1 pixel high silver line, just giving you the benefit
of
alot of research :)

--
that's "angle" as in geometry