qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu floppy emulation problems - partially solved

From: malc
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu floppy emulation problems - partially solved
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 20:23:34 +0400 (MSD)

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Johannes Martin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Johannes Martin wrote:
> > Today I noticed in Win98 that Windows would only offer to format a floppy
> > at 180kB. I then booted Win98 with a floppy inserted at boot time and
> > noticed two things:
> > - rather than two 'removable disk drives' Win98 now only reports one
> >   3 1/2" floppy drive (correctly)
> > - I can actually access that floppy and other floppies I insert later
> >   (no disk change problem as with CDs)
>
> update:
> when I 'eject fda' in the Win98 guest, and try to access the floppy, I
> receive hundreds/thousands of
>       dma: DMA transfer is not read
> and the guest pretty much stalls. 'change fda /dev/zero' gets things
> straight again.

I have changed DMA API with 7th audio patch and by extension had to modify
fdc.c to use it (Jocelyn didn't return calls when i tried to notify him).

So:
  a. I'd suggest using vanilla QEMU when working on fdc for the time being
  b.             getting 7b_aqemu (or later) that tries to keep DMA silent

--
mailto:address@hidden